We checked out the new MRT Line and we are happy to report that the new MRT line can bring you to your favourite places in Bangkok.
From now till 28 September, rides on the new line covering Wat Mangkon to Bang Wa are FREE. If you are coming from Hua Lamphong station, there will be a fee of 16 THB since it’s from the old to new line. Do also note that all passengers have to alight at Hua Lamphong station to transfer to the new line and it is only operational from 10am to 4pm during the trial period.
Sam Yot Station
- On Lok Yun – Famous old-school coffeeshop [Less than 5 mins walk]
- Thipsamai Pad Thai – Famous Pad Thai [10 mins walk]
- Raan Jay Fai – One Michelin Starred Bangkok Street Food [10 mins walk]
- Mont Nom Sod – Traditional Thai Toast & Milk [15 mins walk]
- Krua Apsorn – Michelin Bib Gourmand family-run restaurant by chef/owner who used to cook for Thai royalty [15 mins walk]
Sanam Chai, Itsaraphap & Tha Phra Station
Sanam Chai station:
Exit 1: The Grand Palace, Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha), Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of Emerald Buddha) [10 mins walk]
Exit 4/5: Flower Market [5 mins walk]
Exit 1: Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) [15 mins walk]
Tha Phra station:
Exit 2A: Talad Phlu Market [15 mins walk]
Wat Mangkon Station
Stay tuned for more updates on the new MRT line!